Theresa is the 2nd member of the Prizes and Silent Auction committee, along with Asmâa, who you've met last time. They're our Prize Power Duo!
Here's what Theresa has to say about her involvement in Twestival.
1. How long have you been involved with Twestival?
This will be my 4th Twestival but 3rd year being involved with Twestival.
2. Why are you getting involved with Twestival this year?
I like giving back to the community as a volunteer. Twestival is unique in how we solicit and raise funds through social media for local organizations in need. I like the aspect of social media helping in a positive way.
3. What do you bring to the committee? What's your strength?
I work well with many different types of people so working with a committee is comfortable for me. I am responsible for bringing in donations for the raffle and auctions so I enjoy networking with companies to do this.
4. What does the Twestival represent for you?
A chance to connect with social media people in Victoria and use the social web for good.
5. Why should people donate or volunteer for the Twestival this year?
1. it's just the right thing to do, 2. you'll gain followers on Twitter, 3. it's worth it go give up a bit of your time and $ to help a volunteer organization, 4. you can meet some great people and build connections by attending Twestival.
I think meeting people and building connections is a great point. In fact, later this summer, I'll discuss some of the great connections between Victorians that began through Twestival.